Screenshots & Videos
UEM Agent Windows
The Matrix42 UEM Agent Windows is the next level of the well known Empirum Advanced Agent. The focus for this software management agent is to get the best possible user experience. The end user will get a fresh and clean user interface, better options to define when software updates and rollouts should be performed so that software management does not distract or reduce productivity.
The mature and robust Advanced Agent will stay as a parallel Agent and will be supported as long as it is required to make the UEM Agent the better Agent with all required features. Our goal is that customers switch because of the new and great features by them self as soon as possible.
Survey on the new features.
Enablement Focus Webinar
Highlights compared to the Empirum Advanced Agent
- Completely redesigned graphical interface
- Display of all icons in the kiosk and move dialog
- Less user impact during the installation of software packages due to global silent level
- Much improved functions for postponed installations
- Postponements are now based on days instead of the polling interval.
- Postpone to a specific date (requires Empirum 17.0.2)
- Postpone for a given time independent of the set polling interval
- Postpone to Shutdown
- Software management tasks are combined to reduce the number of faults to a minimum. If several packages are assigned, the user is shown the smallest number of postponements. If no postponements remains, all currently activated tasks are executed.
- Customized directories
- All UEM Agent components are now located under %Program files%/Matrix42
- All logs are now located under %ProgramData%/Matrix42/Logs
Please read the documentation for more details
- Please see the help file for older changes - Last stable release 1810_54
- 1811.0: New version name. For each release (1811) a .x is specified as identification. This ensures that versions delivered within one month can also be differentiated and rolled out in an orderly manner.
- 1811.0: Agent Auto Update. The UEM Agent uses a utility stored in the ConfiguratorUser directory to perform an Agent Update. Details are described in the section "UEM Agent Auto Update".
- 1811.0: Suspend mode. With a registry key the UEM Agent can be set to a mode in which no polling, download or installation actions are performed. Internally this mode is used for the Auto Update.
- 1811.1: The UEM Agent will be installed as last package when deployed as assigned package.
- 1811.2: The Daily Status Log now also provides the version information of the UEM Agent.
- 1811.2: The mini inventory on the initial installation of the UEM Agent provides the Windows information and platform.
- 1811.1: In the Software Kiosk, sometimes wrong version numbers were displayed in the column "Version Installed".
- 1811.2: The Setup.inf of the UEM Agent is adjusted to : CommonShellLinks=1 and AskUninstallOld=0
- 1811.3: Prep for Empirum 18.0.3 feature: disable Pre-Logon window
- 1811.3 Release as Technical Preview
- 1812.0 Release
- Updates from older versions of the UEM Agent (1807 RC1 and older) might fail. Agent Push repairs the installation.
- The Advanced Agent gets downloaded even that it will not be installed when the Advanced and the UEM Agent are both assigned to a computer running the UEM Agent. Please assign only the desired Agent.
- AskUninstallOld=1 has an issue when an error occurs during uninstallation with the global silent level /S4. Workaround: set the global silent level with a package to /S0 or /S2. This is fixed with a new setup.exe version in Empirum 18.0.2.
- One customer reports that the information „bad_module_info“ appears at the user desktop (Windows 7) or in the Event Log (Windows 10)
- One customer reports that after installing a package with SETREBOOT=1 on some computers the user does not get the reboot warning and the machine reboots.
- The UEM Agent Windows is provided as an exported Empirum Package.
- Import in the EMC->Software Management->Depot; right click in the Packages Tab-> Import/Export->Import Packages..
- The installation or deployment of the Agent is described in the manual
- Matrix42 Empirum 17.0.2 or newer
The documentation for this release can be found here:
- Online Help Empirum 18.0
- The documentation is located in the help folder within the UEM Agent Windows package folder:
- Empirum\Configurator\Packages\matrix42\UEM Agent Windows\xxxx.0\Help