UEM Agent Windows
The Matrix42 UEM Agent Windows is the next level of the well known Empirum Advanced Agent. The focus for this software management agent is to get the best possible user experience. The end user will get a fresh and clean user interface, better options to define when software updates and rollouts should be performed so that software management does not distract or reduce productivity.
Starting with version 20, the Advanced Agent is no longer supported and will be replaced by the UEM Agent. For older, still supported Empirum versions (like v19.0.3) the mature and robust Advanced Agent is still available and supported.
Videos of the new Features are available on the Matrix42 Campus.
The Matrix42 UEM Agent Windows is available with three different release types as shown in the following diagram. Depending on your needs and requirements, the best possible agent release can be selected.
The current Extended Support Release (ESR) version is 2006.x.3 Updated versions will increase the second segment of the version 2006.x.3.
The Standard Feature Release Version will include all bug fixes of the ESR Version, but includes also new features.
Explaination to the versioning:
The third digit of the version number defines the type of the release. 1 is for technical preview releases, 2 is being used for Standard Feature Release and 3 for the Extended Support Release.
Extended Support Release
UEM Agent Windows 2006.10.3
Standard Feature Release
UEM Agent Windows 2011.1.2
We received feedback from some customers that after an update of the depot server IIS with Microsoft patches the clients had issues downloading files which do not have a file extension when using https as a transport protocol.
We are in contact with Microsoft. Please contact our support for a configuration option to solve this issue.
UEM_Agent_2006.10.3 Extended Support Release (new Features and Functions of the SFR are listed at the end of this section):
Known Issues in this release:
- PRB34516: No fallback to User/Password if Certificate is not valid
Solved issues and improvements:
UEM_Agent_2006.10.3 Extended Support Release:
- PRB35290: If two versions of a package were assigned then the agent would stop the installation of all further packages at the place of the lower version of this package.
- PRB35403: Packages that are detected by an "AlreadyInstalled" condition are recognized by the requirement check.
- If an API port that is already in use is defined for the agent, the agent searches for another, unused one.
- Packages that are not intended to be uninstalled can no longer be uninstalled via detours in the kiosk.
- Fixed log messages in installation scenario with AskuninstallOld and AbortReboot.
UEM_Agent_2006.9.3 Extended Support Release:
PRB35052: Packages will no longer be downloaded if a newer version has also been assigned.
PRB34327: Assigments now also take care on the time, not only date if set as part of the distribution options.
PRB34973: Package which are already be installed will not be downloaded anymore even when a software push got triggered.runtergeladen. ()
- PRB35005: Depot Sync: Certificated Authentication is not possible (Master only)
- Performance increasement when using https. This requires latest Hotfix installers for 19.0.3 and 20.0.2 to be effective.
UEM_Agent_2006.8.3 Extended Support Release:
- PRB34961: UEM Agent 2006.5.3: No connect if "Only trust validated server certificates" is checked
- PRB34950 & PRB34979: UEM Agent crash (e.g. if too many depot servers are assigned)
- Enhancements in UEM Depot Synchronization
UEM_Agent_2006.5.3 Extended Support Release:
- PRB34713 User parts were erroneously uninstalled or reinstalled if the Agent checked during Windows logout.
- PRB34402 Reinstalling with uninstalling a package now works correctly if a reboot is required.
- PRB34726 Package validation is now always performed when pushing packages.
- PRB34734 Custom WMI queries now support "contains" and "does not contain" if the WMI query returns a list, e.g. for IPAddresses.
- PRB34658/PRB34667 The agent performs an installation for downloaded packages even if there is no connection to the server during the installation.
- Intern: Improvements in deleting files during UEM Depot Sync.
- PRB34327 For scheduled software installation the start time is considered. Not only the start date.
- PRB34862 The file "PackageHashes.json" is only reloaded if it was changed.
UEM Agent 2006.4:
- Fixed Issues:
- PRB34528: UEM-Agent 2003.2 creates high CPU Load on web server
- PRB34551: Logs in Agent Cache will not be deleted if Cache is in Program Files
- PRB34523: UEM Agent igores DHCP Options
- PRB34557: Even
trueis set- Master will be contacted
- Empirum Server "Use random order" are considered again.
- Improved package sync
- Known Issues in this release:
- When switching the protocol, e.g. from SMB to https (in the context of the depot sync), some files are getting re-synced again even if those have not been changed
- PRB34516: No fallback to User/Password if Certificate is not valid
- Additional information:
- For using http(s) based depot synchronisation, please install hotfix installer of 1st May 2020 (v20.0.0)
New Features and Functions of the Standard Feature Release (this is not included in the Extended Support Release Version!):
UEM_Agent_2011.1.2 Standard Feature Release:
- The agent now uses a pre-created package file list for downloading. This decreases the load on depot servers (hotfix installer of 2020-11-27 is required).
- Different hashes in package validation no longer increase the FailedInstallationRetries counter by default.
- Increased security: it can be configured if and how the agent sets the rights in the user cache folder via registry key.
UEM_Agent_2010.2.2 Standard Feature Release:
- The menu item "Install and Shutdown" in the context menu of the UEM Agent is only visible when software is pending for installation.
- The UEM Agent and its services are now shut down faster.
- PRB35066: Checking for changes in the "User" directory on the server now causes less load because the number of requests has been reduced. At least Empirum version 20.0.3 is required. For Empirum versions 19.0.3 and 20.0.2 the hotfix to PRB35066 is required.
- When using HTTP(S) less requests are sent to the server, because now the client downloads ddc and ini files directly.
- The UEM Agent no longer checks for the existence of target directories when uploading inventory or log files. This reduces the load on the server.
- PRB35052:Older versions of assigned packages are not downloaded anymore if a newer version is also assigned.
- PRB35059: UEM Depot Sync: The file DeviceMapping.xml is now also synchronized by the sync job OS_CONFIGDATA.
- PRB34180: UEM Agent 1912.0 Z-Dialog does not appear installation will not start
- Under certain circumstances, the tray icon had erroneously displayed only "Show Software Installations".
UEM_Agent_2009.1.2 Standard Feature Release (all bugfixes of ESR 2006.8.3 are included):
- You can configure if the end user may use the options "Install and Shutdown" and "Postpone until Shutdown" in the agent configuration.
- The check for existence of script files of packages in the kiosk is removed. This leads to a better performance on the depot servers, especially when using http(s). This check can be activated via a registry key.
- You can configure the behaviour of the agent if it detects a reboot required by Windows (Update).
- The amount of http(s) requests has been reduced, which can reduce the load on the server or depot, especially if there are many connected clients.
- The packages in the kiosk have a tooltip that shows the full name and description of the package.
- The kiosk will close automatically after successful installation of assigned packages.
- By default no feedback form is displayed in the kiosk anymore. If a form is desired, it can still be configured.
Highlights compared to the Empirum Advanced Agent
- Completely redesigned graphical interface
- Display of all icons in the kiosk and move dialog
- Less user impact during the installation of software packages due to global silent level
- Much improved functions for postponed installations
- Postponements are now based on days instead of the polling interval.
- Postpone to a specific date (requires Empirum 17.0.2)
- Postpone for a given time independent of the set polling interval
- Postpone to Shutdown
- Software management tasks are combined to reduce the number of faults to a minimum. If several packages are assigned, the user is shown the smallest number of postponements. If no postponements remains, all currently activated tasks are executed.
- Customized directories
- All UEM Agent components are now located under %Program files%/Matrix42
- All logs are now located under %ProgramData%/Matrix42/Logs
- Automated update to the latest version
- Customise the appearance of the UEM Agent Kiosk and the Pre Logon UI to your Company CI
- Validate Software Packages by SHA-256 Checksum after download
- Support of suspending Pre-Boot Authentication if package needs a reboot
- EgoSecure PBA
- Microsoft BitLocker
Prerequisites & Installation
- Matrix42 Empirum 17.0.2 or newer
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package
- The UEM Agent Windows is provided as an exported Empirum Package.
- Import in the EMC->Software Management->Depot; right click in the Packages Tab-> Import/Export->Import Packages..
- The installation or deployment of the Agent is described in the manual