SAM Basic Training – License Management Basics (online)
This training will help you with your license management implementation in your company.
Manufacturer: Matrix42 AG
This online training will help you with your license management implementation in your company. You will get to know the software asset management basics, from answers to the question “What is a license?” and legal basics to relevant inventory data, based on SAM processes, roles and responsibilities.
In addition to this training we recommend that you book the separate trainings “Microsoft Licensing Professional (MLP) Basic Training” and “Matrix42 Software Asset Management Training”, which will held after this training.
Business staff license management, SAM officers, IT license managers, IT controllers, business users/line managers from IT controlling/contract management or budget management, workspace management or IT administrators, ITSM process owners, Matrix42 partners
- License management basics
- What is a license?
- Why license management?
- Legal basics (laws, contracts)
- Right of use vs. license
- Legal necessity of SAM within companies
- Relevant inventory data
- Business inventory
- Installed inventory
- License balance
- Frameworks and maturity models
- Microsoft Software Optimization Model (SOM)
- ISO 19970
- SAM processes
- Fundamental processes for SAM
- HowTo process analysis & design
- Interfaces with other (IT) processes
- SAM roles and responsibilities
No previous knowledge is required. The training will be held in german.