MobileIron Connector – Premium Edition
The ITSM Add-on integrates the MobileIron device management for mobile devices seamlessly into your Matrix42 supported IT processes. Connect two powerful systems and benefit from a noticeable added value. Expand the Matrix42 Workspace Management in order to improve the information content of your MobileIron managed end devices.
The ITSM Add-on integrates the MobileIron device management for mobile devices seamlessly into your Matrix42 supported IT processes. Connect two powerful systems and benefit from a noticeable added value. Expand the Matrix42 Workspace Management in order to improve the information content of your MobileIron managed end devices. In addition, the benefits of comprehensive IT service management are available. Thus, information from MobileIron is also available in the Asset, license and contract management for mobile devices usable. Users can also download new mobile apps and authorizations via the existing Matrix42 Service Request Catalogue.
This brings a noticeable relief in the Administration of IT through self-services.
Decision makers approve or reject requests. With the Matrix42 Service Catalogue, the processes comprehensible and audit-proof in change management documented. The maintenance of the changes is fully automated processed by our connector. You enjoy all the benefits of a clean documentary without taking action yourself.
You manage your mobile devices in the same way as you manage your „classic“ Computer. Select the edition of the innomea.MobileIron Connector, which fits best to your individual requirements. Besides the Basic Edition with the functionality of the device inventory, the Standard Edition additionally enables the administration mobile applications, the creation of fingerprints for software products and the generation of license requirements.
The Premium Edition also offers the use of actions, Services and Workflow Activities.
What are the advantages of Mobileiron’s combination with Matrix42 Workspace Management for the different groups within the company?
• Lower costs due to automation of standard requirements and tasks
• Overview of all terminals in one console and central reporting
• Use of central asset and license management including current inventory information on mobile devices
• Use of existing ordering and approval processes also for mobile devices, applications and authorisations
• Extension of service without additional expense
• Compliance through full integration into the licensing and contract system
• React quickly if equipment is lost or stolen without IT intervention (24/7 in the self-service portal)
• Fewer administrative tasks, more time for day-to-day business, since the approved processes are automatically carried out by MobileIron
• Access to information about the mobile terminal directly from the service management console, thus enabling faster and simpler support
• Complete and automated asset management for mobile devices
• Saving time for documentation and yet complete traceability within the system
• Once established, routine tasks are eliminated
• End-users are also able to initiate the implementation of important requirements themselves outside service hours
• Access to the service portal at anytime and anywhere possible, without any need for action by the IT department
• Faster problem-solving and provision of applications and settings
• Terminals are always kept in mind, safe and reliable operation is guaranteed
• Easily and comprehensively request or return mobile applications or authorizations via the internal service catalogue
• Independently carry out blocking or deletion requirements via the service portal, also outside the service times of the IT department
Import from MobileIron Information into the Matrix42 Workspace Management:
• Device inventory (Basic Edition)
• Software Inventory (Standard Edition)
• MobileIron Labels (Premium Edition)
Premium Edition – innomea.MobileIron Connector for Matrix42 Workspace Management:
• Inventory information of hardware (end devices) and SIM card (phone number incl. provider)
• Access to several MobileIron systems, as well as the Spaces (management groups) to be imported can be configured
• A timeout and the number of terminals to be polled can be configured to control the load on systems with many devices
• Inventory information of the software products (apps)
• Applications can be managed with Matrix42 Workspace Management
• Fingerprints of software products can be created in this edition
• Locking the terminal device
• Manipulation of labels (assigning/changing/removing)
• Removing the terminal device
• Remove all labels including the MobileIron profile
• Complete reset of devices
• Extend the workflow studio with MobileIron activities for your own workflows
• Auto service catalogue maintenance through the import of labels
• At least API v2
• Matrix 42 Enterprise Service Management from 9.1.3 on
• The workflow designer is needed for the Premium Edition
If you need help with the installation or further consulting, please contact us directly.
The commissioning (installation and configuration) of the innomea add-on as well as an introduction to the functions is available separately.