Matrix42 Software Asset Management – Microsoft Server License Management
This training will teach you how you can use the Compliance module and its functionality for the license management of Microsoft server software.
Manufacturer: Matrix42 AG
This training will teach you how you can use the Compliance module and its functionality for the license management of Microsoft server software. You will get to know various inventory options and learn how to configure these options. You will gain an understanding of the automatic booking of license needs, specifically, for virtualized servers and based on complex licensing metrics.
SAM officers, IT license managers, IT controllers, business staff license management, software licensing managers, staff with responsibility for Service Store implementation and operations
- Configuration of the “Inventory of Citrix XenServer” data provider
- Configuration of the “Inventory of VMware vCenter” data provider
- Configuration of the “Inventory of Microsoft Hyper-V” data provider
- Configuration of the “Windows Inventory” data provider
- Classification of inventory results
- Set-up and handling of various licensing models
- Understanding of license needs for technical targets
- Understanding of license needs for entitled targets (license assignment)
- Mapping of license mobility
- Mapping of virtualization rights
- Mapping of data center licensing
- Good know-how of Microsoft server software licensing – profound knowledge of the Matrix42 License Management product
- Understanding of server operations in the data center
- Knowledge of common server virtualization approaches
License management structures and procedures are not part of this training. License programs and license requirements of vendors are not taught within this training, butare only used for illustration, if required.
The training will be held in german.
Matrix42 Trainingscenter Frankfurt
Elbinger Str. 7
In-house training at your location
For in-house training, please contact your Matrix42 Account Manager or send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org