UEM Console for Solutionbuilder
The UEM Console provides an integrated view on all managed devices. Classic managed (Empirum) and modern managed (Silverback) devices and deployment objects (Packages and Tags) are handled in a single console based on Matrix42 SolutionBuilder (new UUX).
Easy searching, grouping and filtering helps in creating and managing assignments for software rollouts.
Further information can be found in these help sections:
UEM Console 19012 (2.0) with new Service Bus Architecture
The UEM Console 1909 will still be available for customers with an older Solution Builder version but will not be developed further. With version number 1912 the new UEM Console 2.0 is available.
The UEM Console 2.0 requires the UEM mode of the Software Asset Management 9.1.3. This brings together computers and mobile devices to form a unified object type in the Solution Builder platform. In addition, a new communication architecture based on a service bus is introduced. This allows a more efficient and faster communication between the UEM Console, Empirum and Silverback. The goal is that the entire communication between the UEM product parts will take place over it in order to also enable hybrid installations, (e.g. Empirum local, Silverback and Solution Builder in the Cloud).
Azure Service Bus for Cloud or RabbitMQ for on premise installations are currently supported as Service Bus. Read the documentation for the respective installation or configuration in the corresponding download.
On Empirum a package with variables is imported and executed on the master server. This establishes the connection to the service bus. In the UEM Console there is a corresponding configuration area under Settings. Silverback will be connected soon.
1912.0 (2019-12-19) UEM Console 2.0
- UEM Console 1912:
- Requires the UEM mode of Software Asset Management version 9.1.3 or newer
- Combined Computer Object (computers and mobile devices now use the same object type)
- Assignment of Silverback Tags to devices managed in Silvebrack
- Empirum Service Bus Backend 1.0
- Requires Empirum 19.0.3 or newer
- Empirum Package to activate the Matrix42 Service Bus
- Delivers the last agent action and status to the UEM console in near real time
- Requires an Azure Service Bus configuration or the Matrix42 Service Bus RabbitMQ 1.0 installation
- Matrix42 Service Bus RabbitMQ 1.0
- Installation package for installation and configuration of the RabbitMQ Service Bus
- Can be used without cloud or Internet connection
1910.0 (2019-11-01) UEM Console 2.0 Technical Pteview
- Requires new UEM Mode of Software Asset Management which will be released with 9.1.3 (available also as TP in Marketplace)
- Assignment of Silverback Tags to Silvebrack managed devices
- Combined computer object (classic and mobile devices use the same object)
New Features and Enhancements
- Allow setting ownership on Assignments
- Several fixes for Workspace Management 9.1.2
New Features and Enhancements
- Add new computers in the UEM Console creates the computer in Empirum.
- New Dashboard charts compliance status and object category.
- Adjusted pie chart Assignment Status with "Inactive Assignments"
Rollout Plan Usability Enhancements
- The list of assignments shows if an assignment has an active rollout plan.
- In the preview of an assignment with rollout plan it is shown how many devices are activated.
- Rollout plans get activated only within the given time period between rollout start and rollout end.
- A new user role UEM Device Admins provides all rights on devices, read only on services and assignments.
Fixes and optimizations
- Reduced system load when performing assignment progress calculations
- Issue when installing on a Workspace Management installation with renamed master DB
- Changed time for pre calculations of rollouts to 30 minutes
1906 (2019-06-27) initial release
- UEM Console Home with dashboards of device and rollout information
- Rollout Progress and Assignment overview dashboards
- Rollout Progress in Assignment preview as pie chart
- Enhanced Object list (Software Packages)
- Number of installations on devices
- Number of assignments where the object is part of
- Rollout Progress
- Assignment details show the progress of the rollout
- Device details shows the progress of all assignments as % and numbers
- Endpoint device list with rollout progress in % and color indicator/filter
- Device details are separated in tabs for the overview, assignments and applications
- Device logs can be displayed using Empirum Web Console (EWC) iframe which needs to be configured in UEM Console settings
- Delete action deletes devices not only from Service Store but additionally also from Empirum
- Devices only show assigned software part of active assignments
- Device preview pane provides better overview using tabs
- Build date shown in settings
- Rollout progress, single device: Assignment groups shows number of assigned and of installed packages
- Rollout end can be configured for an assignment
- Assigned applications: Device preview shows a table of all applications assigned to it part of UEMC assignments
- Device preview shows which assignments a device is part of
- Postpone feature can be used for assignments, writes to Empirum via API
- Distribution commands (install, update, uninstall) can be set for assignments
- Computers and software packages can be added to existing assignments from endpoint devices and objects lists. Assignment settings (status, distribution commands and rollout start) will automatically be applied to the added entries. No additional activation or other setting is necessary.
Known Issues and Limitations
- When installing the UEM Console the PowerShell execution policy on the Server needs to be set temporarily to “Unrestricted” for the installation.
- The calculation of rollout success and installations is currently based on the inventory data provided by the Empirum connector. This will result in a higher latency based on the schedule of the connector.
- The function to stop the rollout on error threshold is currently not supported.
- The matching of assigned software and the installation is based on the Empirum Inventory name and the Empirum Object Name of the imported Service. Changes of the default settings will prevent a correct matching.
- The UEM Console cannot be uninstalled. Based on the User Role "Unified Endpoint Management" the App can be hidden from users.
- Matrix42 Workspace Management version 9.1.1 and 9.1.2
- Empirum connected to Workspace Management
- Connection to Silverback optional, but recommended.
- PowerShell 4.0